On March 13, 1929 Commissioner Sandy Wall announced that the right-of-way for the new Fort Worth-Grapevine Road, known officially as State Highway No. 121, would increase from eighty to 100 feet wide. The eighty-feet increase was already in place so the additional twenty feet would be sought in order to meet the State Highway Commission’s requirement. The first authorized offer for the first strip of land near Pleasant Glade was made by County Engineer Damon A. Davis to Carl Yates at the end of March. Commissioner Wall stated that no more than this one parcel of land would be condemned; all other right-of-way would be obtained through negotiation with land owners. The road grading and building process from the A. J. Anderson corner to Grapevine was almost finished around this time, and in due course would be ready for paving. When completed, about two miles would be cut from the...
About This Site
This may be a good place to introduce yourself and your site or include some credits.
#AmericanStatePapers #diseases #familyhistory #genealogy #grapevinelibrary #highway121 #influenza ancestry BRWall cardinalroad clustergenealogy collateralgenealogy colonialcensus dentoncreek dfwairport family history familyhistory familysearch FANclub fortworthgrapevineroad fortworthmckinneyroad genealogy generationbygeneration goodroads Grapevine grapevinedamandreservoir Grapevine History grapevinelibrary grapevinepubliclibrary grapevineroad grapevinetx highway26 highway121 history homerulecharter localhistory Local History preserveforthefuture public land records rememberthekids SandyWall statecensus tarrantcounty trinityriver USSerialSet